Search This Blog


Thursday, October 16, 2008

God is my Judge - Danell

When my son told me he wanted to CHANGE his name to Danell , I was like....why change? I was thinking ......I took half a year thinking of a 'perfect' name for my son and which he took 3 years to build, and now he wanna take another name, huh???

I always respected his decision and why not 'this'.

From Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, 1594:
JULIET:
'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.

After all .....What matters is what something is, not what it is called......

'A rose by any other name would smell as sweet!'
Daniel? Danell? Sounds the same to me.


This is what I found when I type DANELL on Google search :
MALE Danell - name meaning and origin:
The boy's and girl's name Danell \d(a)-ne-ll\ is a variant of Daniel (Hebrew), and the meaning of Danell is "God is my judge".


So guys Danell is a variant of Daniel.
Now I am getting to love the name DANELL > > > > an updated version of Daniel which is an old Hebrew name.


Ya...Danell! I love and respect your choice . Very designer brand and exotic!!!!

You have my blessings DANELL, Love Mom!

No comments: